Friday, May 9, 2008

Writing contests

Well, I haven't done a lot of writing lately. In fact, outside of some private forum stuff, I have only done one piece of non-college writing over the last month or so. And it is merely a piece on writing contests. It was one of those pieces that I thought was good until I saw the standard everyone else was writing on. *sigh* The top pieces all are reviews of sites that sponsor writing contests.

Personally, I have never done real well with writing contests. Therefore, I really do not pay much attention to them. I have kicked around why this is on occasion. My current conclusion is that I am probably just a hack writer. Or at least, it would be if it wasn't for Helium.

Helium periodically does writing contests, and I viewed the recent Reward-a-thon there as if it was a contest. I noticed that in most of the contests there that it is the people who write the most who end up winning.

Hence, my problem with writing contests. I really don't have all that much time to write. Blame it on college. So I really don't attempt writing contests there (Helium) or anywhere else.

No comments: