Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ask me a question---what can I do to become a good writer?

Question: What can I do to become a good writer?

Answer: I think that the number one quality that any writer needs to develop is the ability to be a self-starter. Too many would-be writers spend time looking for the perfect niche, or the perfect mix of keywords, or the perfect site to write for. In the meantime, they are accomplishing no actual writing, and their skill as a writer is not improving at all. Their income is also suffering. The only way to become a good writer is by writing, and the only way you can accomplish that is by learning to self-start.

1 comment:

S. J. Reisner || Audrey Brice || S. Connolly said...

I agree! I can't even begin to tell you how many "writers" I meet have never finished a single bit of writing. They can't get it published if they never finish it.