Friday, May 20, 2011

Will my audience be raptured

One of the current concerns of writers is whether we will still have an audience for our writing after 6 PM on Saturday.

What?! You haven't thought about it? What do you mean that I am the only one that thought about this?

Egads! I guess that I am the only weird person that is writing in the whole entire world.

Anyway, I was thinking about this yesterday. What if my readership is part of the crowd that is raptured tomorrow?

Then I realized that my chosen market are probably the last people who would qualify for the rapture.

I am not sure if this should make me sad or not. On one hand, it is nice to know that my audience will still be around. On the other hand, it makes it sound like I am writing to a bunch of sinners and black magicians.

Oh...wait...I am, ain't I?

But it says a lot about the writing life that one's first thought about the rapture is concern about how it is going to affect your numbers (readers, pageviews, subscribers, potential income, actual income). Or maybe it just says that I spent too much time managing a business before becoming a writer.

And now, I can go back to worrying about the up-coming zombie horde.

No comments: