Monday, August 13, 2007

Results of last month's experiment

As my regular readers know, last month I attempted to write 50,000 words in the space of one month. I failed. I got to a little over half that amount done, at least on the novel I was hacking out (I might have written that much if everything had been all on the same project, but true to form I was doing other writing also).

So did I fail? The answer to that depends on what you consider success. From my viewpoint, it was worthwhile. I learned more about how I write. And I ended up with a character and some supporting cast that I think will work in a better plotted story. I also ended up with some background for that type of world (urban fantasy/alternate history) that I can use for that character and one of my preexisting characters.

So while I did not cross the finish line for a whole rough draft of a novel, I did accomplish a lot that I can use for a foundation in other works. And that is good enourgh for me.

No comments: