Friday, October 19, 2007

No sympathy

Yesterday, one of my classmates was complaining that he had a five page paper to write in one class, and a ten page paper to write in another.

And I felt absolutely no sympathy for him.

I am not sure when I became a heartless B, but I feel no sympathy for those students in college that complain about how much writing there is in college. There is writing to be done out in the real world also--get used to it.

Of course, it might be easier to feel sympathy for them if I won't have hacked out 25,000 words in one month earlier this year. Or chose not to engage in National Novel Writing Month this November. I am the one that should be complaining about the amount of writing that is on my desk. Besides the 50,000 words for NANOWRIMO, I have two term papers and four finals to study for in Novemeber.

Do I complain? No. Or at least, not that much.

So quit complaining about how much writing you need to do--it could be worse; you could be me.

No comments: