Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Break 2008 Part Two

As my Spring Break moves toward its swift end, I am trying to ignore how much I wanted to get done this vacation. It is hard to do so. It is even harder to be happy with what I have actually accomplished.

So far, I have read one chapter of my Psychology text and another in my World History text. Only one page of my psychology term paper has been written. And Pride and Prejudice is a slow read so far.

On the business end, I have only written one piece (it is about How to Cite Sources on Helium). You would think that I would have written more; but no, I haven't.

I should be happy with what I have accomplished. But I am not. Why? Because I am a bloody perfectist who thinks that he is Superman. I admit to it---what else would you expect from a Virgo?

But there are more important things than working one's butt off during Spring Break. Yesterday, I spent a couple of hours hanging out with a friend. And this morning, I went out to brunch with the wife. Tommorrow, I am goofing off with another friend.

There will be plenty of time to write stuff between classes next week, and I am still caught up with my schoolwork. So I can spare the time to maintain my relationships and relax a little, even if my ego says that I should be getting more work done.

No comments: