Thursday, May 20, 2010

Yahoo is acquiring Associated Content

How do I feel about Yahoo acquiring Associated Content? Honestly, I am not sure yet. I guess a lot will depend on how many changes are made to the present system, and what the changes are.

I presume that distributed exclusive content is going to be eligible to be used by Yahoo branded sites. Of course, that won't make much difference to me considering that I do not do much of that type of writing. On the other hand, who knows what I will be writing this fall or next year.

I guess I am ok with it as long as my performance payments continue coming in, and I don't suffer a drop in my page views or income. And if my income goes up, well, why would I complain?

So this might be a good time to consider signing up for an account with Associated Content and learning the ropes of the system before Yahoo starts to leverage the articles on AC.

Join Associated Content

No comments: