Friday, January 16, 2009

At least he is working

Yesterday, I was home listening to some history podcasts about the Punic Wars, trying to prepare for that section of the Roman history class, when I got a phone call from ARC.

ARC is a thrift store, along the lines of Goodwill or the Salvation Army thrift stores. The wife and I have been donating the clothes that we do not want to them. So we are used to getting periodic calls from them.

Yesterday was different because I actually knew the person doing the phone bank. It was a friend of mine. He thought it was me by the last name and the voice (my voice is distinctive to the point where I hate the sound of my own voice), but it wasn't until I gave my penname (Morgan) as a contact name that he knew for sure that it was me.

(Morgan is my penname, not my birthname.)

I always knew that my friend specializes in call center work, but I never ended up on one of his calling lists before. It just goes to show you how small the world really is.

And at least, I know that he is working...a minor miracle for any of us in this economy.

No comments: