Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Attack of the wife's schedule

I haven't been doing a lot of writing lately. In large part, it is due to the fact that my wife had her winter break (she is currently working as a substitute teacher). I can't work around her for various reasons, mainly because writing is a solitary pursuit and interruptions upset the flow. Of course it doesn't help that she can not tell when I am working and when I am not.

There was also the fact that she has the home remodeling bug, and for the first part of the break she thought that we were going to make major progress on the kitchen. Considering the amount of paint that needs to be stripped, I figure it was going to take months, if not years, to do; so, I decided that it could wait until I felt like doing it (aka need something to do when milling over how to rewrite something). The wife would have none of that--"I thought that you were going to help."

Oh, I planned on helping. In my own good time, on my schedule, not when I needed to be writing--so much for the plans of mice and Morgan. So outside of one "flash" contest entry and a book review of a Anne Coulter book, I have accomplished nothing over the past few weeks.

Now, that she is back at work, maybe now I can get some writing done before the semester starts. Or maybe not; who knows what other interruptions are laying in wait for me.

No comments: