Tuesday, January 22, 2008

First day of the semester

Well, today is the first day of the new college semester. This semester I am taking Pyschology 101, World History 111, Humanities 121 (looks like we are focused on the Ancient Greeks), and Masterpieces of Literature 2.

Due to the Humanities and Lit class being done by someone that believes that you will learn more from reading the writings than being exposed to a canned answer, I have a lot of reading to do. Eight novel length books in fact (four per class); actually there is nine books altogether, but I am not counting Voltaire (I have already read that one before--Voltaire is a great writer).

And yes, I am walking into these two classes with my eyes wide open; I had this professor last semester. Barely made an A in the class, the essays gave me more grief than the reading.

So for the next week or so, I will be reading two textbooks (or at least part of them) and two novels until I am ahead of the reading. Due to this, my writing is going to be on the backburner for a few days.

But that is why I am self-employed while in college; I have the option of shuffling the work around my school. How many people can say that? Not many.

No comments: