Friday, July 6, 2007

Avoiding the 50,000 words

I am doing a real good job of avoiding working on the 50,000 word goal I set for myself this month. The slighest distraction on the internet can sidetrack me. I only need to write 8035 words today to catch up to where I should be at the end of the day.

To illustrate how easy it is for me to get sidetacked, note I have written three articles already on Helium this month. Last month during my online market research month, I only wrote four. And I want to Helium to look for things to write, because writing there is easier than the task I have given myself.

Now, the first article about the difference between Satanists and witches needed to be wrote. The first article in the title cast my kind in the same light my mom casts my religion. But the Lammas article could have waited--though it is coming up in less than a month, so maybe it is best that I wrote it now rather than waiting to have time to do the complete set.

And the article about Teamwork, ok, that one is obviously me just trying to avoid my word count for the day. Much like me checking out the Star Trek fandom sites last night.

Another obvivous method of avoidance--writing this blog entry. Next thing I know, I will be reading and editing someone else's writing.

Oy vey.

How Different Are Witches From Satanists?

Lughnasadh (Lammas)

The Importance of Teamwork in the Company

No comments: