Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Starting a little slow

So in my quest to write 50,000 words this month, I am off to a slow start. But at least, I have started.

On the 1st, I got absolutely nothing done. No real surprise there, it was a lodge day. No matter how few members show up, I am on duty on a lodge day. We went over the bylaws of the lodge, detailing why they are written the way they are. It was a boring session but necessary.

And yesterday, I only managed to get up to 157 words. About the time I got rolling, or at least pretending that I was about to start moving, Toni came home early. I would blame it on her, but lets be honest--I just wasn't really into it.

Today, I italized the words from yesterday (I am counting them towards the goal), and started a new story. I have absolutely no idea what I am writing about. The first scene came to me in a dream last night. Being curious, I chose to see where it would led me. So far (including yesterday's rubbish), I am at 2300 words.

It is progress.

No comments: