Well, I did make some progress today. I am now up to 3240. That is short of the 10002 that I should have to be on course for finishing this project. Way short, as in 6762 words short.
It is not as much progress as I would have liked to make, but at least I did not waste the entire day goofing around on the interent or doing other things (though in my defense, I have done some writing this week).
On the bright note, the story is getting more rich. Today, I fleshed out a couple of the characters, and introduced two new ones (one is a surprise to me). The story is getting more complex as I gain some idea where it is actually going. So all is good.